Amazon Kindle Fire Sounds Intriguing
I have been reading into and thinking about the new Kindle Fire Amazon has announced. Comparing this “Android iPad Tablet Killer” device to every other one out there one thing really stands out: integration. It integrates very nicely just like the iPad with all of your other Amazon services right out of the box so it’s a very seamless experience.
So for $199 Amazon is really delivering a comparable device. We’re talking:
- 7” touch display
- Blazing fast dual core processor
- Integration with Amazon Books
- Integration with Amazon Video on Demand
- Integration with Amazon Streaming
- Integration with Amazon Music w/17 million songs
- Ability to use Amazon Cloud so you can upload all your music and listen anytime you want
So already this device to me looks comparable to the Apple iPad. But what I start thinking about is now Amazon has their own device that integrates with all their products is what new products will they introduce that it will support? I’m thinking stuff along the lines of:
- Book rental store; with your prime membership you get to read books and digitally return them like a library
- Spotify like music service that comes with your Amazon Prime membership
- Hulu competitor (probably difficult though)
These are the two I could think of that would give them a huge lift over Apple right now since as far as I’ve heard they are not introducing a subscription music service anytime soon. I have no pre-ordered one yet as I want to wait to read the initial reviews but at the price point of $199 I’m definitely not scared of trying one out soon and see how it goes.
Then again, a second version may be around the corner.